Posted by: Johan | 2011-06-23

Hi, every year during winter I have this problem where the skin between my toes cracks wide open. This is obviously painfull as the cracks are quite deep. My feet usually perspires a lot, during winter and summer, and I have been told that it is due to that. During summer I walk barefoot a lot but obviously can''t do so during winter. I permanently use antiseptic powder in my socks and have been treating the cracks with Zam-buk ointment. It works in a way I suppose, but I have been wondering, firstly, if there is a way I can prevent it from occuring in the first place, and secondly, whether there is something that would speed up the healing process, something I can get from a chemist perhaps?

Thanks a lot.

I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination of your feet, in order to have skin scrapings send away for a culture, to exclude a chronic yeast infection. In the interim you can apply E45 cream to hydrate the skin until you have consulted your doctor.