Posted by: Nix | 2009-01-03

Hi! When I got pregnant with my second child my feet started to hurt and it got worse as the pregnancy progressed. My baby is now 7 months old and I’ m still in pain. When I just walk a bit more than usual then my feet hurt so much that I can’ t walk on them. The pain is underneath in the middle area and when I rub them on top between the tows and the bridge area…  it really has this sharp pain when I rub it there. When I get up in the night for my baby’ s night feed I struggle to walk off the pain and then in the morning it’ s a bit better but then I get it all over again. I’ m at home and I don’ t ware any shoes except when I go out of the house and this does not happen that often.

Should I see and expert or where a type of shoe or what should I do. I have a foot spa that I use some evenings but it does not take it away, just relieves a bit.

Thank you so much for “ listening”  hope that you can help me.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Dear Nix - it sounds as if you have an actual problem in the foot structure. The arches may have "collapsed" or are under some strain. The indication is that you do need some expert care and I would advise you to consult with a podiatrist / chiropodist at your earliest convenience. Some arch support and specific exercises are possibilities - but an actual examination is indicated to determine appropriate care.