Question
Posted by: B | 2011-07-20

Feels Swollen in Vaginal Canal

A while ago I had symptoms of a yeast infection. At first I woke up with vaginal itching, which seemed to get a bit worse over the next few days. I already had ring worm on my hand which I was using Covarex cream for, and the pharmacy said I can use the same cream for a yeast infection, she first asked if I had any discharge which at the time I did not. A few days after using the cream I had the lumpy white discharge associated with yeast infections. I now have no itchiness and the lumpy discharge seems to be going back to normal, but it now feels like the inside of my vagina is swollen (I felt with my finger, but I also noticed it after sexual intercourse). I had intercourse the other day and it was a bit sore and there was slight pink bleeding afterwards. For a while now when i''m removing my last few tampons there is bright red blood only on one side of the tampon, the side closest to my front if you know what I mean? I am also supposed to be on my period now, it''s supposed to be the 2nd or 3rd day. There is slight spotting when I wipe, but i''m not sure if that is from whatever is swollen or if it''s my period? Please help, I really am not sure what is going on! :( Could it be something serious like cancer?

The swelling could still be due to the thrush.
It sounds like you are late with your period and should do a pregnancy test.

4
Posted by: Kelly | 2015-06-23

I have smelly in my vagina and every time I become wet and am about 20 weeks pregnant now. Also having a pimple on the vagina lips at one side and it had open and pinkish wety dishargebt it not itchy. plz help. will it affect my baby

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-07-25

Posted by: B | 2011-07-20

Thatnk you for that Lady, but what symptoms does it relieve? I don''t have any itch or discharge anymore, just the swelling, like it''s tighter in there than normal, and i''m 3 days late on my period. Do you know if this is just another symptom of a yeast infection, or if something else is going on?

Reply to B
Posted by: Lady | 2011-07-20

Hi from personal experience, i have used a very good cream called Gyno Dactarin, it is very expensive and effective.

Also natural yoghurt with live cultures really helps relieve they symptoms.

Reply to Lady