Question
Posted by: johan | 2011/09/12

feels like chest pain.

goodday,

names johan 26 years of age 72kg.

about 6 months ago i went out for a night out, unfortunatly i took drugs (cat) alot i think, the following afternoon about 11oclock i felt really bad and by the time i got to my sus my haert was pounding as hard a punch with a fist, we then rushed to the hosiptal where they did a monitor with those patches and everthing seemed fine. during the last few months i went from bad to worst then anxiety took over and i was in and out of the hospitals. although doctors say theres nothing wrong with my haert, it doesnt feel that way i have this constant pain on my chest wich is there regardless if i stress or not my hart beats are fast, i went for a holte 24h monitor and that was fine, but i spoke to dr. bodensteins assistants at panorama and she said that apperently sometime when one overdose on drugs and the haert goes through that heavey beating, muscles can be stretched in the haert??????

if you can please get back to me with some answers il be forever greatful..

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi Johan

From what you've told me your heart sounds fine and is simply responding as normal hearts should respond when their owners are stressed - beating faster and harder. Absolutely nothing to worry about.

Its true that heart muscle can become weak if the heart beats very fast for a long time - days or weeks, not minutes or hours. I would take no notice of well-meant but unqualified comments.

The lesson of course is - don't do drugs! I hope things now go better for you.

JT

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2011/09/14

Hi Johan

JT

Reply to Cardiologist