Feelings that hurt 1

I left home to work as a nanny years ago. I had found a nice family and was so happy. But when I arrived, I put my luggage beside my bed and in my absense the father of the children put it on top of a wardrobe in my room. I didn' t like it and became suspicious. A week passed and I had to have an expensive operation. I couldn' t afford it and they paid for it. I' m still so thankful for it. But that' s when things got serious. (continues)

Hello again ! I look forward to the next thrilling installment ! I'm wondering about why putting your suitcase on top of the wardrobe felt sinister rather than helpful. Paying for an expensive operation for you when you had just arrived to work for them, sounds rather generous. I await further information