Posted by: Sarah | 2012-02-16

Hi Cyber doc, on sunday i started off with a pain in my back by the shoulder area and it moved to my chest. I have also had terrible temps and feel achy all over. I went to my doc on Monday who prescribed pain med, antibiotics (Promoxil - 500mg). I started taking my antibiotics as soon as i got them with the other meds and yesterday i felt ok but today i am feeling really yuck again. I got a rash on my forehead (tiny bumps) which have now gone - i think that was due to the fevers and chills. Any idea what this could be?

In light of your symptoms, i.e. malaise, high fever and body ahes, it is possible that you have a viral infection. You should keep well hydrated and try and get as much rest as possible. I do however, suggest that you reconsult your doctor, if your symptoms does not improve. The back pain can be due to muscle spasm with radiation to your chest wall. Ask your doctor for an examination to exclude other possible causes.