Question
Posted by: Chris | 2011/02/17

Feeling worse off

Good day Doc. I went to my GP on monday. My GP said it was sinus etc. She prescribed Adco-Amoclav bd 1000mg. but i feel much worse than monday. I have serve headaches, my stomach is upset, i feel nausea. I feel so sick that i have to take time off work, and my sinusses have not cleared up. I am still sneezing, blocked nose. Should i finish the course, and see what happens or just not drink the last 3 pills?Thank you

Hi Chris
Sinusitis can take 7-10 days to clear up, so if you are still really sick go back to your doctor for a follow up visit. The nausea and diarrhoea could be due to the antibiotics (we usually give a strong dose for sinusitis) and taking probiotics and valoid for nausea may help. It may also help to get a prescription for Prednisolone (cortisone) for 3-4 days to reduce the blockage and then rinse your sinuses with saline (salt water - 1 cup boiled cooled down water with 1/2 teaspoon salt)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/17

Hi Chris