Question
Posted by: SJN | 2009-02-25

Feeling weird

Good Morning,

Hopefully you can help me.

I stopped eating meat about 3 months ago. I started eating Frys vegetarian products. Everything was fine until oneday i just couldnt keep the frys stuff down any more. As soon as i eat them i throw up! just thinking about them makes me feel sick. so now i am only getting protein from beans (which i eat very rarely) eggs (no more than 3 a week) and fish (2 times per week).

I went shopping on friday and fainted in pick n pay. luckily my mom was with me! i dont know what happened i started to feel very dizzy and then felt like i was going to vomit, i started to shake. i sat down then fainted.

I am also on the weigh less diet so i am not eating ANY sugar and as little fat as possible.

I have also gotten a very strange cough ( i smoke) i keep coughing up these little balls of phlem (sorry its gross i know!!) what is this??

What is wrong with me?

Dear SJN
You may have had an episode of low blood sugar. Even though you are on a diet, you need to eat at least every 4 hours, and try to include protein ( fish, cheese, beans, yogurt, lentils, nuts) and small portion of complex carbohydrates. You need fat to absorb certain vitamins so don't cut it out altogether. Weighless diets usually are well balanced so please follow your suggested program.
If you don't eat red meat, just take a vit B complex supplement too.
If you can't eat the Fry's it is ok, google vegetarian recipes - there are plenty and you can get in enough proteien with tofu, nuts, diary, chicken, fish and beans. Take some extra calcium for the cramping!