Question
Posted by: Sad girl | 2010-06-09

Feeling very unhappy at the moment

Hi CS

I''ve been feeling very unhappy for the last 2 weeks or so. Sometimes I go through these phases of feeling content to just extremely sad and irritated then I am back to normal.

Lately life is so boring. I always question myself as to what on earth am I doing, with regards to the work I do. I''m wasting away and I don''t know how to change it.

Have a great boyfriend but I hardly see him because he works so late. I actually feel jealous that the people he works with get to see him more than me. When we do see each other it feels like such a routine. We''ve both become so disinterested in many things.

I guess we determine our own destiny but easier said than done.

Our mood is actually rarely quite stable, and is influenced by so many things. I find, for instance, that mine tends to go down in late evening as i starts to get dark - mood is influenced by ambient light, for example.
The sort of situation you are describing sound more like discontent, dissatisfaction, and perhaps lack of a convincin g sense of direction in life.
Destiny is reached in single steps, not all at once. Counseling / therapy can be a useful way to explore this sort of issue, about what is meaningful and relevant to you in life, and how to move towards having more of that in each day

2
Posted by: Sad Girl No.2 | 2010-06-10

hey sad girl

you have jsut described me. but the advice given by CS is great and maybe just take a minute to think about that.

Good Luck :)

Reply to Sad Girl No.2