Question
Posted by: Liza | 2009/10/26

Feeling very strange

My brain seems to have shut down - I have problems concentrating. It is exam time and I' m under a lot of academic stress. Work stress is almost non-existent though. I' ve told my boss that I' m stressed out and he reduced my work stress accordingly by giving me easier work to do. Doesn' t help the ' out-of-body feeling'  I' m experiencing though. It really feels like my body and my brain are two completely seperate entities. Even walking feels like strange since my legs feel like jelly when I walk. Not that my balance is affected - I can walk fine, it just FEELS incredibly strange. My emotions are locked away somewhere too - I don' t know where. I' m not depressed, but I' m not happy either. I just feel empty. Could only get an appointment at my shrink for next week. What is wrong with me? I would be worried, but feeling anything right now is beyond me.

Probably not anything as sinister as it feels, and probably a reaction to exam stres ( in the old days elsewhere in Africa they used to describe a "brain Fag Syndrome ) not unlike this. Overall, sounds like a somewhat dissociative response to stress.

2
Posted by: Snap | 2009/10/27

i' ve had that before, but only for about a week or two. I' m interested to hear the docs reply. I hope you feel yourself again. When it happened to me I ignored it and forced myself to be in my body and feel emotions until it happened naturally and by itself

Reply to Snap