Question
Posted by: Oops | 2009-08-20

Feeling very bad but it' s not a big deal. Well I hope not.

I work in an office by myself with my manager. This past week it has been me myself and I, all alone.

Today I remembered that I was suppose to attend a meeting yesterday morning and I have completly forogtten about it. I' m feeling so so terrible that I did not go. I sent my boss an e-mail apologising that I didn' t attend.

Also the thing is this and I think I' ve posted here before about my issues. We have another office where the rest of our colleague' s work. About 5 of them altogether. I don' t see why I must get stuck here all alone. If there is a problem I have to phone the other office for help.

This is one of the reason' s I am waiting for another job opportunity to come my way. I have sent my cv out and looking very hard for something new. I' m just not happy where I am.

Even talking about moving into one office has taken 5 years to consider and still nothing has happened.

I' m feeling very guilty today CS about the whole meeting. I know there will be another but my manager could' ve asked one of the others to attend as well. It is always me that has to go to these meetings. Most of the time they drag on so much.

I' m going insane not having anyone else in the office. I don' t think it is healthy for me. I have tried talking to my manager but I am not heard at all. I' m like her personal slave. Always attending to stuff that has nothing to do with job.

I cannot not learn where I am as much as I' d like to. I am turning into a cabbage.

I remember your previous message. Is there, in fact, a good reason for 5 people to be based in one office, and one alone in a different office ? COuldn't you move in with them ? Or, if this particular office needs to stay open, couldn't at least one of them join you ?
There's no reason to feel so guilty about missing the meeting --- its always easier to remember when there are other people in the office to help remind you --- and they could have called you from the meeting to remind you or to check if you were OK. From the sound of it, maybe your personal manager likes to keep you separate, so the others won't notice how much of HER work she is getting you to do for her.

4
Posted by: CTMOM | 2009-08-20

If your desk looks like mine - 1 email will vanish into a wall of paper.

Maybe get a notice board, assign a corner, highlight the dates and pin in order or date. Check it each morning and remove old ones.

If I didn' t do things like this, I would be so lost! I have been in the same job for 9 years and find myself needing to wake myself up as I can literally do my job in my sleep. I need to move on too.

Reply to CTMOM
Posted by: Oops | 2009-08-20

Thank you CTMOM!! Much appreciated.

You are right. The thing is that I printed out the e-mail with the dates 2 weeks ago when I received the e-mail and I kept it on my desk. I wished they had also sent a reminber to all of us.

I can only have a positive outlook on my life at this stage. I' ve stayed here too long and it is time I find something new.

Reply to Oops
Posted by: CTMOM | 2009-08-20

We all forgot - dont beat yourself up. You said sorry, thats all you can do and move on.

Maybe set a reminder in your phone or pc to remind you - I have to or I would forgot to 90% of my meetings!

Maybe its time you looked for a more challenging job where you will be heard and appreciated.

Reply to CTMOM
Posted by: Oops | 2009-08-20

I' m never this irresponsible. I think being alone all the time makes me a little forgetful.

AAAAAHHHHH MAN!!!!

Reply to Oops