Question
Posted by: White Oleander | 2008/10/20

Feeling used

Developed a friendship with some idiot who was recovering from a breakup and feeling suicidal and all that crap. Reassured him of how lovable he is and what he has going for him.

Being the sensitive dumbass that I am, I fell for him. And he knows it. But he' s been scarce lately. Says he' s finally starting to live again. Which means dating. I feel used and discarded - was only good enough, pretty enough, smart enough to be a friend.

Don' t want to attract bad boys or broken people anymore. But how I stop MYSELF from falling hard for them?

Maybe you were, indeed used --- and you allowed that to happen, presumably recognizing the risk, or maybe chosing to ignore it. If you started out prepared to be a friend, then YOU decided to expect more, it was on your side that the problem developed.

2
Posted by: White Oleander | 2008/10/21

LOL, gee thanks for your sensitivity CS.

?, you' re right. Thank you - I will most certainly be choosing who to allow into my life more consciously. It' s all part of the dating game hey. We learn...

Reply to White Oleander
Posted by: ? | 2008/10/21

why not try and surround yourself with positive people? Old habits die hard because people constantly put themselves into those situations. Eg, if someone wants to lose weight, they should not stock their kitchens with chips &  chocolates. Same here. If you don' t want to fall for those types of guys, then stay away from them.

Reply to ?