Posted by: Letitia | 2013-01-21

Feeling strangely hysterical

Good Morning

I feel strange, like sort of panicked, stressed and I do not know if it is psychological or physical.
I was sick with bronchitis and asthma and had a cortisone injection. Then i started with a sort of pre-tingling in my feet like sort of pre-restless legs. Then I started to feel very down and I slept most of the weekend. I feel so down. The thing is that I am under pressure - financial, emotional (I hate my boss the bully), looking for a new job and so on.

I am on Cipralex and have been missing taking it at the same time daily. Is it one of those drugs you must take at the same time daily?

I have to take Urbanol to try and keep it together at work. I feel like weeping or screaming or ripping out a jugular or two.

I''ve got a headache, feel very on edge, the funny feet, bit nauseous and in a very, very, very bad mood.

Going to the GP is a treat, do you think I need to go to him?

Cortisone is a powerful drug, and can have psychological effects as well as physical. And anxiety ( bronchitis and asthma is highly unpleasant to experience and one can easily feel short of breath and panicky about that ) And anxiety, and struggling to breath ( and perhaps at times over-breathing ) can cause unpleasant tingling sensations in the nerves.
Its not essential to take Cipralex at exactly the same time every day ( no need to set the alarm ! ) but around the same time is a good idea, to maintain smoother blood levels.
This should all wind down as your physical condition improves. Try to leave all jugulars in place.
As the situation sounds a bit complex, maybe arrange to see a psychiatrist for a fresh assessment, rather than just the GP ? That might be an even bigger treat !