Posted by: Hurt | 2013-01-31

Feeling sick

I wrote my story here not so long ago about my partner who died on a car accident. his funeral was last Sunday and I seriously though I got closure and I was getting better. Now I woke up today misssing him so much it was like my whole body was in pain. I cried so much, still crying missing him. Now the problem is that everytime I miss him like this I just feel dizzy and have a running stomach. I consulted a doctor laast week for stress and it helped but now I don''t know the courses of dizzy spells and running stomach

Nobody ever gets closure that quickly unless the relationship was trivial. It takes time, and its hard work. That's annoying to hear, but entirely true. Grief is painful, and takes different forms over time. The physical symptoms will reduce and go away before long, and are mainly related to anxiety, so you easily get into a vicious cycle - you feel a bit anxious, for whatever reason, the symptom starts, this alarms you, and you feel more anxious, which makes the symptoms worse, and so on.
As I said before consider finding a grief counsellor through your nearest hospice, if you are finding it hard to handle on your own.

Posted by: Kelly | 2013-01-31

I think what you going through is normal.
His funeral was just a few days ago...
Give it some time and you will start to feel better, I dont think anything else would help, just time.

Reply to Kelly