Posted by: Mandie Herbst | 2009-06-24

For the last 3 months or more I have been experiencing the following. I have not seen any doctor about this yet.
I always feel bloated. Nausea hits every now and then and then stays for the day.
My stomach is has a constant burning sensation. I also have a lot of heartburn. This I get no matter what I eat or drink. Even water...
Uncontrolled burping - especially after I have had anything to eat or to drink. Sometimes there is fluid coming back up in my throat.
Uncomfortable (like somebody is pressing me) between my ribs. Sometimes there is pain in the same area.
Stomach cramps though I am not constipated nor have diarrhea.
General unwell feeling, feeling tired and sluggish.
I have also picked up about 5kg in the last 3 months and have not changed my eating habbits.
Should I have this checked out and what could it possibly be?

Dear Mandie
Yes please ask your doctor to refer you to a gastroenterologist - it sounds to me as if you may have a hiatus hernia and or gastritis/peptic ulcer.