Posted by: Nicole | 2012-08-23

Feeling sea sick without being on the sea

Hi thereIm a 29 year old, active female.
I have been suffering for the last week from incredible headaches and that by lunch time I feel like im going to vomit. I am off balance and naseas, with intense hot or cold (when i go lie down i have double down duvet on, and still feel like even my bones are cold). Taking strong pain pills and lying down (with my head covered) is the only time i feel better (after about 2 hours). Its not quite a migraine (i normally get those 1x per month). this has happened daily, and im off balance. I feel like i''m sea sick and was wondering if its something to do with my balance (ear canals) or somehting? i cant afford to go to a gp and then get referred to a specialist (might just be sinuses or allergy or my ears)..
Please help!

It is possible that you have a viral infection, causing your general body ache and illness. A viral infection will also explain your symptoms of being off balance, as it is possible that the infection has caused inner ear inflammation. In light of your severe daily headaches, as well as your vertigo symptoms, you will have to consult a doctor for an examination and treatment.

Unfortunately, there is not much that I can suggest in the the line of over the counter medication and you will need a doctor's prescription for more effective treatment.

Get as much bedrest as possible and keep yourself well hydrated.