Posted by: Emma | 2009-01-21

Feeling sad

Sorry CS I did not explain fully I am being treated by a psychiatrist for GAD and depression. I have been on Urbanol for the 20+ years and the Remeron for the past 10 weeks. I willl see him again middle of next month and I will try and sort out the mood swings. Also been for counselling before now - so I am working at the solving my problems, perhaps I need more time.....

I understand. I wouldnt have anyone on a benzo like Urbanol for 20 years --- a different type of antidepressant plus CBT ought to clear up GAD, and Depression, rather than allowing it to become chronic. Not all counselling is equal, which is why I recommend CBT, which has loads of good research confirming its benefits.