Posted by: Emma | 2009-01-21

Feeling sad

Dear Cs

I take Remeron and Urbanol, but I still get days like today when I am feeling sad and down. I thought the meds would stabelize these mood swings? I know one cannot be happy all the time, but I want to get out of this depressive phase. Other days I feel just fine. I am confused about this. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Urbanol is NOT a treatment for Depression --- it is a benzo, a sedative tranquillizer, and it is not a mood stabolizer of note, either. Remeron is an antidepressant, one of many different varieties, some of which might suit you better. I wonder if you are being treated by a GP, and perhaps asking to see a psychiatrist for a fuller assessment and a discussion of treatment options would be useful