Posted by: confused | 2008-11-30

feeling rage, depression &  inadequey

I seem to go through extreme waves of rage, depression, inadeqency, self pity and insecurity on a regular basis. I do have some good days, but these other feelings soon return. My insecurity is some times nearly crippling and it affects my relationships and work. I get so anxious at time, I have phsyical symptoms.At times I hate the way I look and feel so dissapointed that I want to break the mirrior.

I don' t understand why I feel this way, as I didn' t have a traumatic childhood, or abusive parents? I feel like some other people have it so much more worse than I do and they are so positive? I feel so frustrated and angry with myself for being so ungrateful.

I don' t know if I need therapy, medication or if I' m hormonally inbalanced or bi polar?

If any one experiences the same symptons and has an answer it would be appreciated.

That sense o insecurity and low self-esteem may be the underlying factor, and CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) is the best way to deal with that. Such problem arise for many reasons, often with no apparent reason, so one need not have had a lousy childhood to produce it.