Question
Posted by: Mike | 2008/06/23

Feeling overwhelmed

Hi Doc,

I have been feeling as though I am going to jump out of my own skin. My heart is raciing and it feels as though something is going to happen...i'm constantly nervous.. I too visit the toilet regularly when this episode occurs....it's terrible.

I get light headed, I have constant neck and muscle spasms and headaches.

I have tried biral and calmettes, bt nothing really works effectively.

Please help.

Dear Mike
It sounds to me like you are getting panic attacks. Biral is fine but not strong enough for this. Please see your GP as you probably need prescription medication like Ativan/Aterax or something similar. Is there a specific cause you can think of for this at the moment?

1
Posted by: Mike | 2008/06/24

Hi Doc,

I have no idea....I have tried talking to my family but there is nothing that I can particularly pin point. I know this might be strange. Cause if I knew the cause, I could somehow control it.

I don't experience this feeling everyday...however, I find that the episodes are now becoming more frequent in nature.

Just out of the box? Can smoking aggravate this? behaviour?

Reply to Mike