Question
Posted by: ama | 2011/07/01

feeling o avery small like needles in my body

Morning Doc &  your Panel

Last night and this morning i felt as if i''''m being injected with very small needles in my body in so much i rub the area for it to be better. What cause this &  will i overcome this?
my hands tend to get numb in the mornings just before i wake up, what cause that? will i overcome this?
i''''m 19weeks 2days pregnant currently

Dear Ama
I am pleased to hear that you are pregnant, but sorry that you are suffering from pins and needles all over your body. Pregnancy can cause a number of symptoms like this for various reasons. For example, you could have a vitamin B deficiency which results in the numb feeling in the hands and can cause pins and needle sensations. Another factor could be that you are retaining water which makes your hands and feet swell up. The pressure on the nerves can also cause the prickly feeling. It is very important that you should consult a medical doctor about your symptoms, so that he or she can check for problems like vitamin B and other deficiencies (iron and calcium perhaps) or water retention and oedema. So please for your own sake and that of your baby, see a doctor ASAP.
I hope that the dr will be able to determine the cause of your numb hands and the pins and needles, so that you can be more comfortable during the rest of your pregnancy.

1

Dear Ama