Question
Posted by: OMB | 2010-01-16

Feeling low

in sept 2009 i was given a " promotion" . i am a hard worker and finally my hard work had paid off. i have then been put in a position which required leadership skills and admin skills. i do not know what is happening but ever since i have been in that positon by confidence level just dropped as i became ineffecient in my duties, i am overly-forgetful,i fail to lead my team and they therefore take advantage of me and so on.
i am feeling os down that i cry most times. i have been to see a psychologist a few times. i would then be in top form for a couple of days but later have a relapse.
i feel like no-one can help me get out of this misery as i myself dont know what is actually wrong with me. i feel like such a failure.
i have spoken to my immediate superior about a " demotion" , he posed some questions as to why i want to step down and he felt that the reasons im giving are not enough, he says my problem is that i undermine myself way too much.

yes he is right, but i dont want to be kept in this position any longer as im unable to deal with challenges and stress that comes with it.

Please advise!

Promotion is usualyl a good idea - but as I understand labopur law, the company is required to provide you with all necesssary training to enable you to perform well at the new level, as well as advice, supervision, and a mentor.
In addition, proper CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) can help you learn greater self-confidence, and to appreciate your own abilities. Also, learn to avoid avoidable stress, and to cope well with the normal stresses of the job.
If you found an improvement after a session or two with the shrink, this shows that more permanent improvement is possible - a relapse just shows that the counselling stopped too soon.

1