Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2010-05-17

Feeling Lost / Major Episode - repercussions

Hi CS,
I haven''t been here again for some time, things have been going up and down and I have decided to try and sort things out by myself if possible, not doing to well but okay. I did eventually make a case against the ex of rape, went through the whole police tests and so forth, ended up in Denmar as it was just too much, I was in quite a lot of physical and mental pain and the ex has disappeared since, at least he is now gone.
Now, another problem, people moved into my home while i was in Denmar, I said they could temporarily, they refuse to move now and they are not paying their way. I had an episode the one night, I don''t recall much, but I attacked the one women, she tried to restrain me, I bit her, she had a broken finger which was just mending, I broke it again, and then she sat ontop of me, holding my arms down with her legs, I bit her on the inside of her thigh, the doctor reckons the damage in equal to that of a bullet wound. It has now healed but because I want her out of my home, she wants to open an assault case against me, I don''t even remember what happened. I explained to the doctor that I had been physically attacked/abused in the past and he reckons that is why I bit her, it is my defence mechanism, I paid for her tetinus shot, the doctor''s appointment and her medication.
I feel bad about what happened, but she almost broke my nose and she definitely punched me as my ear hurt for over 2 weeks, my arms were bruised.
She is talking about a " plakkers wet"  that is why she won''t move, her son of 21 is also staying there. I have been looking after them for 2 months now where I have been carrying the costs, I don''t think it is fair to me and my children. And with my meds being stronger than what they were I cannot do this, I am angry all the time, I feel as though I could rip her head off, it takes a lot of constraint to do nothing and I am scared I have another episode, one of us might not survive it. Why do people have to misuse those who try to help them. Why do people lie? I don''t lie or misuse people, so why lie and misuse me? What am I to do?
I am worried more for my children. My son believes me to be a monster after I bit this women as she told him what I did, she did not tell him what she had done. I eventually showed him the bruises on my arms so that he could see I was also hurt, that I had reacted. He is very scared of me now although I would never do anything to hurt him. How do I fix this?

Hello BT - it HAS been a long time, and I was wondering how you were getting on. Heck, some days I wonder how I am getting along, myself !
Sounds like you realy need some good legal advice ( maybe the free law clinic at the university Law School ? ) to make sure your concern about moving the squatters out of your house is not lost in their claims of assault. I find the doctor's opinion odd, as I have never seen a human bite in any way similar to a bullet wound, and the comparison is dramatic but not helpful. I hope your own injuries were documented at the time.
These other people are obviously exploiting you and it is understandable that you are very angry as you have discovered, the risk of geting too angry is that one often damages one's own cause

1