Question
Posted by: lady | 2011-04-04

feeling lost

hi all, I am really feeling low and lost lately, I feel that i dont belong anywhere I have no parents or close family where I live just my husband, child and my inlaws, i dont even feel connected to my friends. On sat I went to a party with all my friends and felt so lost like I did not belong. I am 30 years old and feel like I should be confidant enough not to let every little thing bother me but it does.

Is it possible you may have been becoming depressed ? Have you ALWAYS lacked confidence, or has this begun more recently ? If more recently, what else has changed, so as to affect your confidence ? Seeing a psychologist for assessment and counselling would probably help a lot. Maybe there's a local group of SADAG ( number on this page ) which could be helpful, too ?

4
Posted by: Lady | 2011-04-04

Thanks Liza, I understand what you are saying. i kind of know what I need to do its just about reaching that point where I actually do it, I need to start loving myself enough to not let others opinions of me matter. but for me to get there and actually d oit on my own thats all I need encouragement on.

Reply to Lady
Posted by: Liza | 2011-04-04

Perhaps it''s not such a good idea to ''work on this by myself''. If you cannot afford to see a psychologist, you can always call the numbers at the top of the web page for help. There are other options besides paying the earth for private health care. Even just going to a support group would help a lot.

So you''re overweight - me too. That doesn''t mean we can''t feel desirable however. I prefer to wear clothes that hide the unsightly(like a muffin top) while accentuating the good stuff (like a great cleavage). Sexy underwear also helps. No-one can see it, but it makes you feel good.

Good Luck
Liza

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: lady | 2011-04-04

yes I have always lacked confidence, it has alot to do with body image, as I feel I am overweight. How do I work on this by myself.

Reply to lady