Feeling guilty

I feel very guilty whenever I eat something wrong, to the point where it makes me depressed until I do some exercise in an endeavour to cancel it out. I try to eat healthy during the week and over weekends I usualy eat whatever I want, without feeling guilty. If I, however, over-indulge over the weakend or eat cake/sweets at work during the week then I get really depressed. I exercise 6-7 days a week (feels guilty when I skip one night). I am not overweight (BMI 20), 39 years old and I have been the same weight for past 21 years (except when I was pregnant).

How can I deal with these feelings before it becomes a bigger problem?

Dear Feeling Guilty
Seeing that you are not overweight and have managed to maintain a low weight for 21 years, these feelings of guilt associated with food and eating have a psychological basis and require a psychological cure. Please ask your gp to refer you to a clinical psychologist so that you can explore why you associate eating with guilt and also learn how to eliminate these feelings which could even lead to an eating disorder.
I hope you will go for help, because you cannot go on feeling depressed every time you eat something you think is 'wrong'.