Question
Posted by: Blake C | 2009/11/18

feeling frustrated

dear diet doc
I recently have gained about 4-5 kg since july and obviously am feeling reli down about that. I have also been writing exams lately and tend to deal with stress by eating which really hasnt helped. I am now feeling really defeated and unhappy with myself. I weigh about 54-55kg and am 163cm tall. I know that is probably correct in terms of BMI but its not so much how much i weigh but the added weight makes me feel unhappy and as my pants are now a little tight and my clothes not fitting nicely, and summer is here, its all getting me a bit down. I am feeling frustrated as well because i have almost lost faith in my ability to lose weight. Please could u give me an eating plan to lose 2-3 kgs.
thanks =)

Dear Blake
Please do NOT try to lose 2-3 kg! Your present BMI = 20,7 which is already below the ideal, and losing more weight is only going to make you feel more depressed and irritable after the exams. Instead of trying to starve yourself, rather start doing daily exercise like skipping for 30 or more minutes a day to stimulate your metabolism and trim your figure. The exercise will also help to blow away the post-exam blues and make you feel more positive. Tightening up your muscles will make the clothes fit again.
Hope you did well in the exams

1

Dear Blake
Hope you did well in the exams