Question
Posted by: *N* | 2010-10-27

Feeling extremely tired- On the pill

Hi there. I was wondering if you could help me.
I am 22 years old and decided to take Yasmin for my skin. I made a mistake in that i began on the first day after my cycle ended in the normal orange section.

Anyways i am starting to feel extremely tired. I sleep for like 11 hours each night and it is such an effort for me to wake up. Since it is exam time, I really need to be up early.

Please advise me whether:
a) the tiredness is a side effect of the pill
b) whether I can discontinue taking the pill without finishing the pack

Thanking you

Tiredness can be a side effect of the Pill. It usually gets better with time. It is not advisable to stop the Pill partway through the pack as this will disrupt your cycle.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-10-28