Posted by: henry | 2009-09-22

feeling empty after sex

during February I was at a work training seminar and there I met a girl. we got along well and went for drinks during the course of the week exchanged numbers and even had a sexual encounter. I knew nothing could come from this as she lives in PE and I' m in Capetown. but recently she came to visit a friend and we spent a night together and had sex too. it was amazing.

I' ve been single now for almost a year a being this close to someone has made me feel very emotional about what happened. I feel the need to be with her ALL the time and try to make regular contact, but she told me that there can' t be anything as she lives far away (I can understand this) but she now avoids contact with me, completely.

is it normal to feel like this about someone, someone I barely know, but feel like there is a very strong emotional connection between us? and how can she just ignore me?

The ‘in lust’ experience in itself, results in surges of hormones that produce a compulsion like desire to be with someone. Partner sex also releases hormones that can result in bonding feelings. The initial expectations on both your parts was that ‘nothing could come from this’. There are many possible reasons for her distance. Take some time to learn from this experience and move on. Visit the SA Sexual Health Association website for more information

Posted by: Kim | 2009-09-23

Could be that she is hiding something, like being married. I had a similar affair at a conference, fell ' in love'  and also just could not understand how the guy could just ignore me afterwords. It hurts.

Reply to Kim