Question
Posted by: Pressy | 2008/07/21

Feeling Depressed onto Anti-Depressants

Hi Cybershrink

I feel so down at the moment. I think it has a lot to do with circumstances at the moment. I guess many people are in the same boat, I just find it all so sad - not in order of priority -

Totally broke - my husband' s biz has dried up and at the end of this month he is going to lose his bakkie (new and half paid up) unless a miracle happens 
My mother has moved in with us (a small house), but necessary as I cannot afford her rental anymore 
We are embroiled in 2 court cases - one to obtain maintenance for my mother from her other children and the other one was a dissatisfied customer (who is actually lying) but we don' t have the money to defend it 
I am the only bread winner with a great job (my blessing) but its hectic and demands a lot of mental input (I' m trying to focus on my job and not worry about things).
We recently went through relationship problems but have resolved things, except that he may have to go overseas to try and find contract work. This does not thrill me, but I understand and am being supportive.
The situation in SA and the world in general.
The poverty and the misery all around makes me so sad and I try to help as many people as I can.
People are also so ungrateful - I donated over 200 books to a library and this was after work - one of the librarians walked past and said that I must be careful that I leave space for the other people to put books through the slot (after she had seen inside how many were coming through), but then as an after-though, thanks hey! We donated them so that everyone could read and share in the joy of reading. Feel like asking for them back and giving them to Hospice rather.
Today someone we know (and are collecting goods for him) had his wife try and commit suicide and she is 6 months pregnant and critical.
I just feel so overwhelmed with all the bad news and my other half and my mom feel it too. I am trying to be positive but I am finding it so hard to do.
I take 2 x 20mg Talomil per day and half an Urbanol 3 x per day.
Even reading this forum makes one sad sometimes.
I am not sure what I expect you to do or say, I know you just lost your mom. At least you are here for us.

In the situation you describe, pressy, wouldn't it actually be odd NOT to be feeling rather depressed and anxious ? Yes, I know in situations like yours, and mine, one isn't and indeed need not be cheerful and sunny all the time. What one needs to avoid, though, is feeling hopeless and making the generally untrue assumption that things won't get better if one is patient enough to see it through

1
Posted by: Anonymous depressant | 2009/05/25

I want to leave Cilift. How gradually should I do this (been on it for 4years now), and can I start using small amounts of 5-HTP later on while I still use Cilift? And then use only 5-HTP and gradually leave that and go on St.John' s wort?

Reply to Anonymous depressant