Question

Feeling Depressed

I don''t know which way to go or what to do. I''m constantly feeling irritated and before I know it my little girl (9) is suffering under my tantrums. I''m fine the one moment, and then suddenly the tiniest thing anybody does, is irritating me, and then I start yelling. I''m feeling really bad about this, even the slightest thing she doesn''t do right, I start yelling at her. Is it possible that I have some mild case of depression? Is it possible that the contraceptive pill that I''m on, could give me this mood swings? Is there something I could possibly take that could help me? PLEASE I want to be a good mother, but I keep on feeling like a failure of a mother to my daughter!!!!!

OK, so irritation and anger, apparently of fairly recent onset ? Yes, this can arise in depression, or anxiety disorder, or simply when someone is experiencing an unaccustomed degree of stress and strain. The Pill does indeed seem, especially in some women, to cause mood disturbances. I'm sure you can be helped, probably in the field of skilled counselling, possibly also by medication, but the only way to choose the best way of helping, is for this to be based on a skilled assessment, preferably by a shrink

2
Posted by: Caro | 2011/08/11

I cannot help but love a person who does the best for her children. Please get help. Children are extremely forgiving of our mistakes, just make sure to exaplin things to her, that you realise that she is still new to the world and that youre sorry you become so easily irritated and that youre going to try to do better. Also dont forget to say " I''m sorry"  to her when you do slip up. Then go for counseling and do better.

Reply to Caro