Posted by: TEERAY | 2009-05-28

my husband started hitting me last nite in front of our 3yr old. It all started by me telling him not to reprimand the child so late(almost 12pm) just got back from friends place, the child wants to sleep so leave it till next day. He started getting agro coz i told him so and we started arguing he telling me that i must not interfere when he'  s talking to his children. And it hay wired from there. My poor child was screaming blue murder for her dad to stop. What upsets me more is the fact that after that he just said sorry and slept with me. He says it was my fault that i started the whole thing and that it was a small issue that i made into a big thing. I did not sleep in the bedroom and this morning he acts like nothing happened last nite. I feel so crap today. I can'  t face my child tonite. I don'  t even feel like going home.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Dear Teeray,

I actually do not need to read your story past the first line. No husband/partner/man should ever hit their spouse, let alone in front of their child. Even once! What underlying value is there in this behaviour? I can only urge you to make sure that your child and yourself are safe from this man and to follow your gut feeling in your decision regarding your future.

Be safe and happy

Posted by: Lady man | 2009-05-28

Leave him. He will do it again if in the same situation. For your and your childs shake leave him. Children will grow up, and one day will make up there own minds about the truth. I think you were right about asking him to wait till the next day. Maybe the child cannot even remeber what it was all about, but as 12pm. that guy is not a real man.

Reply to Lady man