Question
Posted by: Ziyanda | 2011-12-05

Feeling cold

dear Doc,evrsince i hae discovered that i am pregnant i have been feeling cold yet everyone at home dont.I am now 7 weeks urning 8 on thursday.i tend to have a block ear once a week lately as well,what could it be?

Ziyanda

Swelling of the nasal passages during pregnancy is very common, due to hormonal changes and the ear is linked to the nose via a tube and as this tube is very narrow, it can become obstructed very easily. I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and treatment. He/she might prescribe a decongestant.