Question
Posted by: GORDON | 2012/01/24

FEELING BLOATED

I am constantly feeling bloated even when I stay without food. I had the treatment for the bacteria that causes ulcers without success(without a scan). What could be the cause?

Dear Gordon
Please excuse me for only answering your question today, but my home and office were struck by lightning and my poor PC was literally 'fried'. My new PC was delivered this morning! Bloating can be a symptom of so many different diseases and conditions (e.g. irritable bowel disease, gastric or duodenal ulcers, GERD or gastric acid reflux disease, gallbladder disease, food allergies or intolerances, enzyme deficiencies, etc), that it is essential for you to see a gastroenterologist (a medical dr who specialises in diseases of the digestive tract). Ask your gp to refer you. Once we have a diagnosis, we can see what dietary changes are required.

1

Dear Gordon