Posted by: nicky | 2009-09-02

feel uncomfortable

Im seeing a guy whom i like but at same time i have a friend whos really sweet but suffers from bipolar and everytime the guy i like calls me i change my attitude cause in the back of my mind im embarasssed that i know of my good friend whos bipolar... My attitude changes completely when speaking to both of them...

What is my problem? I dont want to be seen with the guy whos got bipolar but yet his got a sweet gentle soul. its like once ive spoken to the guy i like and the other bipolar guy phones me, i dont wana answer the phone but then i feel bad...

or i dont answer the call of the guy i like cause i know my attitude will change in a strange way,not being myself with the good sense of humour but i become serious after ive spoken to the bipolar friend of mine...

how do i solve this problem?

thanks doc

Why on earth wouldn't you want to be seen with the guy who has bipolar disorder ? Why this prejudice against a swet guy with an affliction that is non of his fault and which can probably be well controlled ? Some of the most admirable people I have known have been bipolar

Posted by: Anon | 2009-09-03

No feelings hurt here :),

All I wanted to bring across is that Bipolar isn' t something bad. People with Bipolar are all around you, but with all the preconceptions, many choose not to tell. Your friend has a lot of guts and is comfortable with who he is. Friends accept friends, no matter what.

To say you are embarresed to be seen with him is a very bad attitude to take. Rather educate yourself as to the challenges that Bipolar peole face, and your embarresement will soon turn into genuine admiration. If you stick with a bipolar friend through the good and the bad times, you will have a loyal friend for life, that I promise you :)

Posted by: nicky | 2009-09-03

u both right and i apologise if ive hurt anyones feelings here, i may be confused, i am a good person, perhaps self conscious but i need to deal with that myself..

My apologies to anon ok..... sorry if ive offended u in any way...

Reply to nicky
Posted by: Anon | 2009-09-03

You sound like you don' t even know what Bipolar is. You also sound terribly confused, your letter makes no sense. What is wrong with being seen with someone who is Bipolar? I' m asking because I have bipolar, am happily married and have three children. All around me knows about it, and I have not been rejected once, by anyone who cares about me.

You seem to be rejecting someone because he has an illness you can' t see. If he had asthma or epilepsy, would you still not want to be seen with him? Shame on you!!! you are not a good friend at all.