Posted by: sharns | 2009-02-16

feel low

hey been feelin really low, just hopeless when it comes to being alive.I dont really want to be here but I am.Dont really know how to cope with how im feeling, sort of feel like i keep resist hurting myself.I just need once off advice so don' t recommend cbt counseling please.I just need someone to listen.. i know im on my own and im -|- ing selfish but i cant -|- ing help being so low.just get me that' s all i ask just this once

OK, shams, sorry to hear of this. Firstly, stay here until you re-discover wanting to be here. Now, as the cutting, etc., is NOT a once-off problem, once-off advice will not be enough. Clearly part of the problem is Depression, and a currentl lack of skill in coping with whatever is stressing you. Medication can help depression, and CBT-style therapy can help depression , coping skills, low self-esteem, and finding your personal purpose in life. Indeed you can't help being so low in the sense that it's probably not your fault you got into this state --- but it's your responsibility to get proper help to get rid of the depression and start moving forwards again. <br>So, what am I to do, tell you the truth and the way forward ( as I have done above ) ? Or pretend that drinking more green tea would solve it all ?

Posted by: Whats up? | 2009-02-17

Sorry about your state of mind. What incident has led you to have such low esteem of yourself ? An unhappy marriage, or other relationship/job problem ? You know if you can identify what is causing it you can deal with it as long as you face up to it and if its something you have done, acknowledge it and work around it. If its something someone else has done, forgive them and move on. Love yourself and realise you are very special to someone out there. Remember, you are your very very best friend. You may need some professional help along the way. Go for it.

Reply to Whats up?