Question
Posted by: me again | 2012/09/25

feel like a child in this relationship

I went to a function on Saturday night as my boyfriend was receiving a donation for his company. It was a community show where the kids did dancing to raise funds for this cause. It was cute but I didnt feel the need to clap at every opportunity. My bf then reprimanded me for not clapping and said even if I am not enjoying it I must clap. I felt humiliated - like he was my father telling me to do something!! I then rebelled (as a child would) and he got all upset with me and went to sit somewhere else. For goodness sake, it was dark and we were sitting right at the back and no one was monitoring if we were clapping or not. Just the mere fact that he told me what to do, got me angry. I feel like it is a power struggle with him - do as I say or he gets angry!! I already feel like his is my father and not my bf as he talks down to me often and then wonders why I react like a child would!!

No, this merely confirms what you and what I said earlier. This is a guy who wants to be a puppet-master, and write the script fop your life, and you should not agree to be his puppet. He sounds far too bothered about what you do and don't do, and far too little bothered about what HE does and doesn't do.
Why do you think so little of yourself that you accept such behaviour from him ? Move on, and find someone who respects you properly

3
Posted by: yolandie | 2012/09/29

2 words LEAVE HIM

Reply to yolandie
Posted by: Ella | 2012/09/25

Agree with CS here, Why is it so important to him for you to do what he ''expects'' you to do? You are your own person and in a healty relationship an individual is ALLOWED to be themselves - without being corrected or reprimanded. That is HIS issue not yours. Don''t catch the ball. You are worth more as you are a thinking, deserving and very capable individual. Don''t play his game. Be true to yourself.

Reply to Ella