Posted by: Lee | 2009-02-18

Feel as if stepping on iron rods

In the morning, putting my feet on the ground I feel as if I am standing on metal spikes. It affects mainly the section of my foot just below my toes. If I am standing or sitting I get a tingling sensation in my feet and up my legs and sometimes my feet ache when I get up out of a chair or stand too long. I have been to my GP and was told that it could be Poliferal Neuritis (excuse the spelling). He has told me to take Lyrica 75mg for 3 months and see if they help. I have been on them for a half a month and there has been no change as yet. I would really appreciate your opinion. Please send me an email. Thanking You

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Lee

Periheral neuritis is inflammation of the nerves, fairly common that the nerves of the feet are involved. Causes include alcoholisim, systemic conditions such as diabetes, poor nutrition, vitamen B12 deficiency or compression of the nerves. I'm not sure what Lyrica is but often mineral and vitamen supplements can reduce the symptoms. My advice is that if the treatment you are on is not working, go back to your doctor and try something else.