Question
Posted by: Leila | 2013-01-23

Feeding frenzy

Corrupt cops on the job again - cops joining with the rest of the barbarians in the looting frenzy giving the word locust a whole new meaning.

6
Posted by: Sello | 2013-01-25

And in the end of the movie the white official gets bitten by a prawn and turns into a prawn. What is funny is that when prawns bites on the locusts, the locusts dont turn into prawns - only pigs turn into prawns. I liked that movie and i think the producers had a very clear understanding what is going on in SA. One has to watch carefuly to see the anology between the pigs and prawns.

I AM BLACK AND STRONG AND I HAVE MADE MY POINT

Reply to Sello
Posted by: Leila | 2013-01-23

Thanks for sharing. Will look into it. By the sound of it, its like the whole thing is re-playing over and over again..

Reply to Leila
Posted by: DH | 2013-01-23

It''s a oldish South African SCI-FI movie set in JHB. A bunch of really stupid aliens land on earth and the police try to control them. The police puts them in a location and they have a bit of a revolt. The police calls them Prawns. Whenever one of the praws come towards the police they shoo it away by shouting " fokkof prawn" . The prawns just destroy everything in their path and their location looks like a squatter camp. There is one scene where they stop a police vehicle in the camp and the one prawn starts to chew on the spare tyre. It is really a good movie becuase it parallels our politics extremely well. It is also immensely funny. One shouldn''t take the movie seriously, I think it was meant to be a political parody.Get it on video.

Reply to DH
Posted by: Leila | 2013-01-23

Thats right - the Parktown prawns join the locusts in wiping out everything off the shelves, can you believe it? They''r slow because they''r giving the looters time...

No I havent. What is it all about? Sounds interesting...

Reply to Leila
Posted by: DH | 2013-01-23

Parktown Prawns....

Did you ever see the movie District 9.. " Fokkof Prawn" 

Reply to DH
Posted by: DH | 2013-01-23

The general population are locusts but the cops are Parktown Praws because they are sooooooooooooooo fat and slow!

Reply to DH