Posted by: allan | 2009-08-08

How many times a day should I feed my ridgeback who is feeding 11 two week old pups and how much food think im overfeeding her as she is passing stools more than ten times a day

Dear Allan

Feed your dog a good make of puppy food as much as she wants. With eleven pups she will just be able to eat enough to keep her and them going.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-08-09

See what the vet says - but a) a bitch feeding 11 pups needs a LOT of calories, and b) the acid test is what her condition is - if she' s plump, you' re overfeeding. If not, you' re ok.

Having said that, the quality of the food she' s eating is of paramount importance - she should actually be on a good quality puppy food (which has more nutrients than the adult variety), until the pups are weaned.

Also - are her stools normal in appearance and consistency? If not, then she may have some other problem...

Good luck with 11 puppies, by the way - cute as they are, I don' t envy you once they start exploring their world!

Reply to Chill