Posted by: Ruby | 2009-01-15

Feedback from Drs

Hello Dr Bets,
I saw all my doctors on Monday. The baby is doing really well, HR of 174. The doctor said he is the perfect size and that everything looks excellent. He said that at the next scan he will be able to test for Downs and might be able to tell if its a boy or a girl. The baby was sleeping, then it woke up, touched its face and then kicked its legs, was SO CUTE!! I am very happy about that :-)
About my health: My calcium is low again. The doctor explained that the heart palpitations etc I had in Dec is basically my first sign that my calcium is dropping, then the muscle pains etc that followed, is the second sign. He gave me calcium citrate D to take as well (together with the B-CAL-M 1000mg). I started to feel better after taking the calcium citrate. He said that my blood is a bit thin (thats why I have bleeding) and reduced the ecotrin to 5 days a week only. I also still have an infection, he thinks its probably sinus and gave me something for sinus. My doctors say that the second trimester should be plain sailing. Third trimester will probably have some complications for me (especially with the connective tissue). My one doctor said that I could get hip dislocation during birth... I am a little bit nervous about this. Furthermore, my BP is very low now 100/50, but it did not feel low. Today I am feeling a bit funny, I think my BP is maybe lower? I feel very tired, weak, out of breathe and I feel like I want to faint (my nose is also bleeding again). Is this normal for pregnancy or is it something I need to get checked? He also said that I have protien in my urine, but that it could be normal for pregnancy. Is there something I must look out for here or is this normal? Thanks Dr Bets!! Kind Regards Ruby

Dear Ruby
Glad to hear baby is doing well! Tiredness and feeling faint can be normal in pregnancy especially if you blood pressure is low. I am sure your doctor will try to prevent hip dislocation and I don't think you should worry about this