Posted by: SJ | 2012-03-26

Hi doc

A few weeks ago i posted you a message about some symptoms i had (muscle cramps, tiredness, swelling etc) i took your advice and went to the doctor, he did blood tests and the next day when the results came back immediately hospitalised me! my thyroid level was only 2.1. they have now discovered that i have Hashimoto disease and they are treating my with eltroxin apparently my level was critically low so they are giving me very low doses of eltroxin to increase my level slowly. My kidney function is also reduced.

Just wanted to thank you as if you had not advised me i would not have sought medical help as i thought i just needed some vitamins and a nap!! My endocrinologist said i would have gone into a coma and died within 2 months if i had not gone in.

So thanks!!

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated. Good luck with your recovery.