Posted by: Greg | 2009-10-15

Hi Vanessa,

Its been a while. I' ve been to see a doc about my insulin resistance, and at fasting it measured 9,7 (better than my previous 13,8). He put me on a hectic 800 calorie diet consisting of 1 egg, glass of milk &  a small bowl of corn flakes for breakfast (266 calories), lunch is nothing but fruit (266 calories) and dinner 70g meat &  a small potatoe (266 calories). I' m also on chromium and glucophage XR (2 x 500). The problem is that I box, lift weights, play tennis, study and have a full time job. I cant even maintain my right leg on that. And strangly I have gone from 105kg' s last week to 109kg' s today. I really dont know anymore. I am seriously stumped. I was told to stay away from sugars and any form of wheat, while keeping to 3 meals a day (as you also suggested). Please help, I need to get lean for a comp and the extra weight is aggrivating my shin splints.

Kind regards,

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Greg

This is a complex problem and difficult to help through this method – please give me a call here at the Golden Lions Rugby Union – will gladly help you.

Take care