Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2008/06/11

Fed-up,sad,depressed

Hi There
I dont know what to do anymore!
I just feel so lost,i hate work and it seems i only feel this way at work,when leave im fine but i do constantly think about having to come back the next day.

I dont have any issues here,the people are fine,my work is ok but i just hate it all and wish i could leave!!!
I would leave at the drop of a hat if i did not have to support my little bother and sister and my mom and dad too as my father lost his job and cannot seem to find another since the begining of this yr.
I earn a very low salary and i hardly get by every month.

I would like to study but cannot as i could only do it full time even if there was a way i cud do it full time i wudnt be able to afford it.
Im looking for another job but its hard finding another and it will take some time before i get another and i just have to stick it out over here.
Its just that i sometimes feel like i cannot go on,like its all pointless esp.with the cost of living the way it is.I so wish i could do more for my family but it just sickens me that i cannot!i feel like totally dying and the only thing that keeps me here and in any case me killing myself would just make things worse for them.

I dont know what to do anymore,iv tried letting go of the feelings that i have but i cannot.Iv taken 2weeks leave,thought maybe i need to take a break for a while.Nothing,i came back feeling worse.Where to start...what do i do...is there anything i can do.
Everything just looks so dark
Work is the last place i want to be and when i wake up in the morning and think of having to come to this place it makes me think of suffocating myslef with my pillow!iTS FRUSTRATING!
Please help

Sorry to hear of this Kelly --- sounds a most dispiriting and frustrating situation. There also seems to be an alament of Depression in your comments, and if you are indeed depressed, proper treatment of that could enable you to deal better with the situation.
What do other readers suggest ?

3
Posted by: **** ((( | 2008/06/11

i too am in a situation where i have to help my parents out at home as is it not going well there. it is very frustrating especially if you harldy get by everymonth its like living on hope. but in the situation that we face hope is all we have right now hope for the best and if you a christian have faith and pray alot. its a though lesseon to learn but we all have to go through it some other time.

good luck all will be ok just know that there are people on worse situations out there.

Reply to **** (((
Posted by: Me | 2008/06/11

I feel like that as well. Hate coming to work, I feel trapped in this building. Just a moment ago I felt like taking my stuff and just running away, disappearing, never coming back. But I cant, I know what its like sitting at home unemployed and that was just as depressing, need to earn a living, lots of people out there not working, would kill for anything no matter how boring, and that keeps me going everyday. Hang in there,keep looking for something else,but try staying motivated by telling yourself that at least your not jobless

Reply to Me
Posted by: Susie | 2008/06/11

Don't know how to help you. I just want you to know that you are not alone. There are many of us out here who are stuck in a job we hate, but we need to carry on regardless.

Reply to Susie