Question
Posted by: A | 2012-01-17

fed up with stealing sister!!

i have had enough of my sister''s stealing. let me just give you a bit of background. this has been going on for YEARS since i''ve been staying at my mother''s house. i''ve been on my own for 3years now. my baby sister is forever stealing things from us. she use to steal my clothes, money and just about everything that has value if she sees it. we use to have huge fights about it and even if we find our stuff in her cupboards she will still deny it! my dad on the other hand always use to cover up for her and to this day still does and does nothing about it. eventually me and my other sister got so fed up that we both moved out. my eldest sister is still staying there and her stuff constantly get stolen and my parents still do nothing about it! if we go visit my mother we must constantly watch our bags or even hide it! the problem now is we had people over for new year and then stuff went missing at my house. even when i specifically sed that i don''t her coming my dad made it his duty to bring her anyway! so i phone my mom to check through her things for my stuff. and then i heard from that my mother saw my stuff in her draw but never told me yet she apparently trying to avoid trouble! i am so angry! apparently my parents don''t know what to do and hasn''t told me yet! and i''m not sure if they planning on tellling me but i already found out. I AM FURIOUS. for the fact that they didn''t tell me and that they not doing anything about it even when the evidence is there! they don''t know that i found out and i feel like stripping! i just want some advise as to how best handle to situation

If you are on your own, its your place, and you are entitled to refuse to allow your selfish, greedy and dishonest sister to visit at all, and to explain to her that her stealing is totally unacceptable.
If your father covers up for her stealing, then he is foolish and encouraging her to continue to steal what doesn't belong to her. Tell him that the next time she steals from you, and/or you find something of yours in her possession, you will call the police and lay criminal charges against her. Tell him its about time he starts to behave like a man and a parent, rather than encouraging her to be a thief.
And tell him that he will never be welcome as a guest in your home IF he brings her, because you know she will only use it as an opportunity to steal again, with his assistance. If he arrives with her, send him away to take her back home, reminding him that he is only welcome if he doesn't bring his pet thief with him.
APparently she limits her stealing to members of her own family, but your foolish parents will not avoid trouble as they expect, because with their consistent encouragement, she will also steal from others, who will not choose to protect her.
If your elder sister chooses to put up with this theft, that's her decision, though a bad one.

3
Posted by: CS01 | 2012-01-17

Open a theft case against her - problem solved.

Reply to CS01
Posted by: Maria | 2012-01-17

Well just how far are you willing to upset your parents? You cannot force them to act but you could go to the police and lay a charge of theft against your sister. If you don''t do it then in all probability someone else will as it''s unlikely that she will stick to only stealing form family. I suggest that you also ban her from your house completely, if your father insists on bringing her with then he can turn right around and take her back again. If you have to go to their house, lock your handbag and valuables in your car and make sure to keep hold of your keys. Your sister has a problem, and your parents are enabling her.

Reply to Maria