Question
Posted by: Zee | 2009-01-14

Fed up at work

Hi CS

Happy New Year Everybody, and All The Best for 2009.

When I was appointed I was appointed as my bosses assistant and now I her skivy and I hate it. She was on leave during the Dec period she only came back today and I just broke down and cried when I saw her( I did not realise how actions affect me till today) . The thing is I can' t stand up to her my only solution is to look for another job until then I am stuck with her. How do I tell her that I am not a skivy, everytime I speak to her about it she tells me she is grooming me.

I am just praying for the strength to go on and keep quite she is a real big shot everyone listens to her and everyone knows not to cross her.

Hi Zee,
Hope we all get the good new year we deserve. Is there an HR peson you can discuss this with, or maybe even tactfully with your boss's boss ? With any such appointment, there is supposed to be a proper job description, and it shouldn't include menial personal tasks for her. If she says that being her skivvy is "grooming you", ask : grooming you FOR WHAT ? To become someobn's maid ? Sounds more like a big head who enjoys bullying people and displaying her power over others. How pathetic