Question
Posted by: Reese | 2010-05-18

Feces breath

Hi doctor.

I need to urgent advice. Over the past few months my boyfriend has mentioned that my breath smells like faeces. I also have a constant faeces taste in my mouth.

I brush twice a day, but it’ s still there.

What can be the cause?

Reese

Hallo Reese
The smell can come from infected teeth, gums or sinuses (post nasal drip), or from your stomach if you have reflux. Infections in the lungs can also cause bad breath. Best would be to have your dentist check your mouth, and treat any sinus or lung problems with antibiotics if needed. If you get heartburn you may need to take something like Nexiam.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-05-18

Hallo Reese