Question
Posted by: Linda | 2011-02-07

Fear of losing him

I have been in a this healthy relationship for 3 year now with a wonderful guy, I love him to bits and he loves me too and has never ever given me a reason to be suspicious of any disloyalty. But if i dont see him for 2 or 3 days i start to have a fear of losing him.
He loves me i know that but i dont know whats wrong with me and i dont want to ruin our relationship.

any advice?

So the problem lies within you, and not within him or the relationship. Maybe a lack of self-esteem and self-confidence, which counselling could help with.

7
Posted by: Truth | 2011-02-07

If I didnt have an engagement ring now l would also worry about losing him. Three years is long enough for him to decide.

Reply to Truth
Posted by: Lilo | 2011-02-07

It would appear that " Just Asking"  has hit the nail on the head. Linda did not answer the question about commitment and in which direction the relationship is heading. Indeed after 3 years one would surely want to know if the relationship is going to be permanent. Answering that the families love both partners is a very odd reply. I am also wondering if there is not an underlying reason for these feelings of insecurity which needs to be addressed.
Her partner may well be a blessing from God but when is this relationship going to be blessed by God in marriage?

Reply to Lilo
Posted by: G | 2011-02-07

You need to put your big girl panties on and start believing in yourself. Tell yourself that he is lucky to have you too.... self esteem is very sexy...

Reply to G
Posted by: Linda | 2011-02-07

Hi Just asking
The relationship is going somewhere :-), my man is a very wonderful man, a blessing from God. But am sure i will be fine coz i dont have a reason for being insecured its just a feeling i am experiencing for now. His family loves me and my family loves him. everything is ok.

thanks for asking,
Linda

Reply to Linda
Posted by: Just Asking? | 2011-02-07

After 3 years u r probably looking for some kind of permanent commitment such as marriage. This would be reasonable, is this why u r feeling insecure? Is this relationship going any where?

Reply to Just Asking?
Posted by: Linda | 2011-02-07

thanks, coz i really dont want to mess things up between us. will try so hard to let this feeling go away...

Linda

Reply to Linda