Question
Posted by: Cathy | 2010/05/24

Fear of Driving

Dear Cyberdoc,

I have an Irrational fear of operating a motor car. I was able to obtain a drivers license 22 years ago but haven''t driven since. Now I will soon be required to drive as part of my job and I am in a complete panic at the thouight. I have tried to drive a few times in last two weeks but the fear has not abated.
Can you give me some advice on how to overcome this.

Thank you,
Cathy.

THe quickest and mos efficient way to deal with this successfully would be for you to see a good shrink localy who practices CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) ( and the SADAG group, number on this page, can help you to find one ) as this method should be able to help within a relatively short period of time, for you to unlearn your fear and learn confidence so you can drive enjoyably.

1