Question
Posted by: Christine | 2010/01/13

Fear of driving

I have an extreme fear of driving a vehicle

OK. COuld be very inconvenient. But it is highly treatable, using Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ( CBT ). Ask around ( including SADAG, with its number on this page ) to find a shrink who can assess you and who is capable of providing this highly effective psychological treatment

2
Posted by: Kim | 2010/01/14

HI C!

You will not believe it but a couple of months back I posted something similar, felt exactly like you do.
I so badly knew that I needed to learn to drive but my fear had the beter of me.
All these thoughts going through my head, thinking I would never be able to overcome this fear and Il always be dependant on others BUT I can now say that I am over it.
Well I do sometimes get nervous but I just tell myself, if they can do it then so can I.
I mean really how am I different from everyone else.

I went with a good driving school first, I' m telling you my hands was shaking the first couple of times I drove.
Now theres no nerves or fear anymore.
After my lessons I drove my bf/father/brothers car with tem ofcourse to get some more practice.
My first try for my drivers I failed but I was determined, the second time I passed! I was totally elated!
My goal now is to be able to drive alone lol and just gets lots of practice.

If I can do it, so can you.

Reply to Kim