Question
Posted by: Gale | 2009/10/14

Fear for hospital?

I have a great fear for a public hospital because you hear so many horiffic stories.
I am 32 yrs old and currently the main bread winner. (no kids yet) My husband is a full time student. Due to this we do not have medical aid but we would like to start a family since I am not getting younger.

This will imply that I need to give birth in a public hospital. Is this adviseable? I am so scared that my child or I will not get the best medical treatment in the case of an emergency. Do I take the risk or just give up on the idea of having a family?

Dear Gale
The public hospitals may not be very fancy and you may wait long for the appointments, but the doctors are well trained and usually give very good treatment. Some hospitals' nursing services are better than others, so ask around in your area.

2
Posted by: Anon: Mom | 2009/10/14

Your fear of government hospitals is well understood however there are many women that are using these hospitals on a daily basis to give birth and everything goes well. My advise to you is to ask around until you find a hospital that you are comfortable with and then go and look around at their facilities. Please don' t let this fear stop you from becoming a mom, it' s the most incredible thing ever. Good Luck

Reply to Anon: Mom
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/14

Dear Gale

Reply to cyberdoc